Mittwoch, 17. August 2011

Up North with my hostfamily

Friday 9am, we -my hostmum and the kids- are leaving Grosse Pointe and are heading up north for the weekend (til monday). First we went to Treverse City which is like 4 hour drive and where my hostdad had a judges-conference and where we picked him up. A really nice little city. After we spent a lil while in that city we drove a little bit further to Harbor Bay. A friend of my hostdad has a condo there and were able to spend the weekend there. Sweeeeeeet. Only bad thing was that there was only one bedroom (for the parents) and the kids and me shared the living room. Well there were two big beds (bed in the closet and pull out couch), so there was enough room. Shared a bed with my lil one, she is so cute when she is sleeping, but she kept kicking me while sleeping and was up at 7am...Can't remember the last time when I got up at 7am on a saturday morning ;)
There was pretty bad weather on saturday, so we went to Petoskey for some shopping. I ended up buying a jeans cause I was freaking freezing in my shorts. Wasn't prepared for bad weather :(
The weather on sunday was sunny and warm again and we made a lil bike-tour and I spent some time at the pool in the sun :) I just love summer and the sun :)
Was not a real exciting vacation, but it was realy pretty there and I am glad that my hosts took me with them. We saw a pretty nice sunset sunday night, what was my highlight of the trip.
Headed back home on monday and I met up with my girlfriends. Missed them a lot, though I was only gone for a few days. Gonna miss them a lot when I am back in germany....only 49 days left

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen