Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2011

Roadtrip #1 aka Washington D.C.

Friday May 20th, my bags are packed and I am ready to leave for my firs american roadtrip with my amazing friends Ket and Kimi. Our destination: Washington D.C. the Capitol of the United States of America. We left in the evening after work and most of the time Kimi or Ketrin were driving.They wanted me to have a relaxed first roadtrip, so I tried to sleep a little bit in the car, but I just can't sleep in cars...It was really nice though, we had wonderful warm weather and the traffic was not a problem at all. We drove through Ohio (what we Michigan people don't like that much. It's like Cologne and Düsseldorf ;) ), Pennsylvania and Maryland and I have to say the Detroit area is really not pretty. I almost felt like in Germany because of all the beautiful countryside and the trees etc. Didn't see it that much on our way to D.C. cause it went dark outside soon. But I have seen an amazing big moon while we were driving, couldn't take a good picture with my camera though and our professional photographer was driving...
After 9 hours of driving we arrived in D.C. and it was love at the first sight. It is just such a beautiful city and I would love to live there someday in the future...Our hotel was still closed at 5:30am and everything else as well so we decided to explore the city a bit and so we saw the white house and several other monuments or memorials. It was my favorite part of the trip cause it was still cool outside, we watched the sun rising over the city and there were just a few people already out there.  We had so much fun, I am glad that we made that trip and that Kimi planned that trip so good for us. Thank u again!!
At like 8am we went back to our hotel and checked in. After a short nap we went to the pool and hot tub. Gosh that felt really good. We all fell asleep in the pool area, we were just so exhausted. So we went back upstairs had a nap, shower and went off to our tour through the city. We made a hop on/hop off doubledecker tour which was really nice thoug it was extremly hot. I sometimes thought I was burning, but me the white girl didn't get a  sunburn *yeah*!
We've seen almost everything during that tour and I fell more and more in love with that city!
So we've been really tired when we arrived at the hotel later. I think we fell asleep at 9pm, can't remember the last time I was asleep that early ;)
So we were heading home sunday at noon and arrived in Detroit at 11:30pm again. Took a little longer cause we stopped for something to eat what was a great mistake cause the food was awful and poor Kimi got sick :( Well I was just glad to be home after a long drive!

So I guess this was my weekend! I had an amazing time with my girls! Thank u so much! Can't wait for our next trip!!

The White House

The US Capitol

Washington Monument

Lincoln Memorial

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen