Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2011

San Francisco Day 1

Got up at 6am, Kimi picked me up at 7am and dropped me off at the Detroit Airport and my flight to San Francisco left at 9.
Flight was kind of shaky, but ok. Just really long for me (5.20 h). So I arrived at 11:20 local time so now I am 9 h behind Germany....
I chose San Francisco for some of my vacation days because my dad is in California right now and he will come to San Francisco this weekend so that we can meet. Haven't seen him since I left Germany so for almost 8 month now...
After I checked in in my hostel at Fisherman's Wharf, I decided to explore the city a bit on my own. So I walked along the beach and Pier 39 that is really close to my hostel and went on a double decker tour bus to see more of the city. Though I have a great view at the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz from my hostel, I have to confess that I am kind of disappointed of that city. Maybe my expectations were too high and I thought I would fall in love with that city like I did with Washington D.C. Well I did not. Don't get me wrong, the city is nice, but I would never say that I love that city or so....And it is freaking cold with the wind and in the shade. Was freezing like crazy when I was on my way back to the hostel.
I signed up for a pub night, though I am really exhausted....Well it is an opportunity to meet some new people, so I guess it will be fun. Don't have to get up early tomorrow. Just planned to do the rest of the tour and see the Golden Gate bridge etc. Gonna meet my dad in the evening cause he is working earlier.
Gonna post some pictured when I am back in Detroit, didn't bring my cable for my laptop...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen