Sonntag, 5. Juni 2011

San Francisco Day 3

Today I woke up by the rain cause it was pouring and it didn't stop til noon or something. But this didn't stop me from meeting my dad and hanging out with him. So I walked through the rain to Pier 39 where we met. He already bought some tickets for some activities and we started with a ride an on ferry which drove to the Golden Gate Bridge where it made a turn and passed Alcatrez. The weather was still crappy, but in the beginning it was at least not raining anymore so that we could stand on the deck and take some pictures. Bad thing is that my camera's battery is about to die and I forgot the charger...hope I can still take some pictures on monday when I am going on a Yosemite tour. I really liked the tour on the ferry and it was ok that the weather was not that good. After that tour we went to the Aquarium of bay. That was really neat and we've seen lots of fish, sharks, starfish and jellyfish. The coolest part was to see kids being so excited and deep impressed by all those fish. You could walk through a glass tunnel where the fish were swimming, so they were swimming over your head too. Pretty cool :)
After the aquarium we were walking through Pier 39 and had lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp co, a restaurant leaned on the characters from the movie "Forrest Gump". Remember the part, where Bubba tells Forrest what kind of food u can make with Shrimps? Well You can try a lot of seafood in that restaurant. Really a cool place.
After lunch we went for another city tour, what was really nice cause it took 2 hours and the driver told and showed us a lot of stuff that I haven't seen/heard before. 
I had a really nice weekend with my dad and the next time I will see him will be in October when I go back to Germany.

Thanks Dad for that great weekend. Have a good trip home. Hugs and kisses from your one and only daughter :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen